PW & Partners was set up in 2001 by Penny Wotherspoon and went from strength to strength.
In 2020, Shonagh Livingstone (Chartered Financial Planner) and Martha Martindale (Mortgage & Protection Adviser), who had been long standing and dedicated members of the team, took over the business and are driving it forward with plans for continued organic growth. Penny, however, remains an integral part of the team as our Financial Planning Consultant.
PW & Partners goal as providers of Financial Services, has always been to stand out for all the right reasons. A well-known and well-established Edinburgh brand and company, we believe we have achieved this. We are proud of the 5-star, client-centric business that our team has created and built up together.
Because at the very heart of each and every decision is our valued clients. That is why we strive for excellence and push ourselves to bolster our knowledge through continuous industry training, study and qualifications This means our clients can be confident they are always getting the best possible advice from us.
A Partner Practice of St. James’s Place Wealth Management, we have grown to a team of eight consummate professionals providing our clients with a high level of financial advice covering a wide range of services coupled with top notch customer service. We also have the support of St. James’s Place - one of the leading Wealth Management companies in the UK (FTSE 100).
We understand you are putting your future financial wellbeing into our hands, which is why we constantly strive to be at the top of our game, investing in continued training and knowledge building. Trust is something that is earned, and our first-rate work ethic and results, coupled with our compassionate, friendly and caring ability to do business helps us build strong rapport and lifelong relationships with our clients.
Areas of Expertise:
- INVESTMENT PLANNING - comprehensive investment solutions to help protect and grow your money and achieve personalised financial goals and aspirations
- TRUST* & ESTATE PLANNING INCLUDING INHERITANCE TAX PLANNING – guiding clients to help them make the most of their money throughout their lifetime whilst safeguarding it for future generations
- MORTGAGE ADVICE – pragmatic, helpful, reliable and flexible approach to finding the right mortgage whether it’s a first time buy or home for life. We believe our mortgage advice is some of the best in the country
- PENSION PLANNNING – pensions advice at all stages of life. From choosing the right provider and making sure you are putting enough away to carrying out a no-obligation review and consolidating lots of accumulated pots…we can help make what can be a daunting topic a little easier for you, as well as get results.
- RETIREMENT PLANNING – going back to basics through meaningful, open and honest conversations with our clients. This allows us to truly understand what planning and strategies you require now in order to spend retirement enjoying it to the full and knowing that you have plans are in place.
- LONG TERM CARE PLANNING – working closely with families and their solicitors when planning long term care for the elderly or vulnerable adults with incapacity
- PROTECTION – are you fully protected for all the ups and downs life can throw at you and your family? Protecting for the ‘what ifs’ shouldn't just stop at car and home insurance. For us, Protection is one of the most important things people should have in place to protect themselves and their loved ones – and the sooner you get it sorted, the less it costs.
We have access to in-depth specialist professional expertise, a distinct approach to Investment Management and most importantly, St. James's Place guarantees the suitability of the advice given by members of the St. James's Place Partnership when recommending any of the wealth management products and services available from companies in the group – offering our clients further peace of mind.
*Trusts are not regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority.
The value of an investment with St. James's Place will be directly linked to the performance of the funds selected and may fall as well as rise. You may get back less than the amount invested.