We understand that the important decision to apply for a mortgage borrowing isn’t one to be taken lightly and that it’s a big deal for the majority of us – after all, it’s the largest ‘debt’ most of us will ever be responsible and liable for. It can also be exciting – whether you are stepping onto the property ladder for the first time, buying a home for a growing family, making improvements to your property or simply looking to arrange your finances to save money…we can help.
With interest rates at an unprecedented low for some time now, it may be the best time ever to secure a mortgage, review your current arrangement or even consider purchasing an investment property on a ‘Buy-to-Let’ basis.
In 2014 the Mortgage Market Review made various changes so the mortgage market would work better for consumers and was sustainable for all participants – ultimately this meant lending criteria became tighter and more restrictive and extra due diligence added to the process. Now, all applications are based on ‘affordability’ – not just initially but throughout the term of the loan. This is ultimately to protect borrowers who may find themselves in a predicament should their mortgage interest rate rise resulting in their monthly repayments no longer being affordable. The Lender is now looking for more consistency in the information that is required from the client in order to put forward an application – to support the application more documentation is needed than ever before.
What we do for you…
At PW & Partners we have a highly experienced and dedicated mortgage team. Proactive, resourceful and committed coupled with a track record of hundreds of successful mortgage applications. We believe we are best placed to help you with all your mortgage requirements…
- offer a streamlined approach to our service with a specially designed questionnaire eliminating the need to go back and forth to collect all the information the mortgage lender requires
- are flexible and available to do business over email, telephone and face-to-face - saving you valuable time …..
- search a comprehensive list of carefully selected lenders that make mortgages available to intermediaries, compared to high street lenders who only offer their own mortgage solution alongside sometimes inflexible criteria
- are experienced and qualified to deal with unique and complex situations, for example contract workers and limited company directors
- take the pressure off our clients by taking responsibility for all dealings with lenders, solicitors and surveyors – essentially we are the ‘go between’ and will hand hold throughout the whole process
- support and liaise with you and your mortgage provider right up until completion
- we remember so you don’t have to…we provide an automatic reminder system to ensure you don’t waste any time when your mortgage fixed or tracker interest rate comes to the end of its term – ensuring you never pay too much interest for your mortgage debt
- are also Protection specialists and will talk you through the various ways of protecting your mortgage should you die or suffer from a critical illness – ensuring the continuation of your mortgage repayments in the event of the worst happening
- can assist you by finding a competitive and comprehensive home insurance quotation
- don’t believe in providing advice on mortgages in isolation and take a broader perspective. We think it’s important to understand your financial needs in detail to ensure that your mortgage arrangements are consistent with your wider financial plans - including arranging your Pension Provision, Savings and Investment Planning, Retirement Planning, Trust* & Estate Planning including Inheritance Tax Mitigation, Business Advice, Long Term Care Planning and Family Protection.
Some buy to let mortgages are not regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority.
*Trusts are not regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority.